Seasonal Youth Program Manager
Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts invites applications for a seasonal Youth Program Manager. To apply for this position, which will remain open until filled, please complete our online employment application here.
A nonproﬁt school of arts and crafts founded in 2004 by local artists and community members, Shake Rag Alley’s 2.5-acre campus in the historic heart of Mineral Point, Wisconsin, is a national destination for participants of adult workshops, a robust summer youth program, and a host of annual special community events. In addition, Shake Rag Alley offers on-site lodging and custom facility rentals for meetings, events, and celebrations. For more information, see www.ShakeRagAlley.org.
Position Title: Youth Program Manager
Status: Full-time seasonal, hourly
Schedule: Up to 40 hours/week Monday-Friday May-August
Compensation: $15/hour, paid holidays, 15% workshop discount
Reporting to the Director of Education, and working collaboratively with Shake Rag Alley staff, Board members, teaching artists, and volunteers, the Youth Program Manager supports our mission by implementing creative and fun K-12 arts and crafts educational workshops to include teaching. Partners with Youth Program volunteers and teaching artists and delivers excellent and timely customer service to colleagues, Board members, volunteers, donors, students and their families.
- Collaborates with the Director of Education to implement K-12 educational programming in the visual, literary, and performing arts taught by locally and regionally sourced educators.
- Prepares for and teaches workshops and camps as needed.
- Provides instructors with orientations to their classrooms and campus emergency procedures, and supports instructors and students for the duration of workshops and camps.
- Communicates student and instructor payment information and refund requests to the Administrative Manager in a timely manner. Solicits instructor evaluations upon the conclusion of workshops and provides student/family feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience relevant to the position; bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited educational institution and 3-5 years’ instructional experience preferred.
- A record of K-12 programming experience at a nonprofit arts or cultural organization or school preferred.
- Experience in and knowledge of the arts and arts education preferred.
- Computer and Internet proficiency; Google Drive and Gmail and cloud-based registration and database systems preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and a welcoming demeanor with diverse audiences.
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative environment, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals using telephone, mail, or email.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, superior attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to respect the confidentiality of organizational information.
- Appreciation for Shake Rag Alley’s mission and ability to demonstrate flexibility, friendliness, and patience in all situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran or uniformed service member status or any other characteristic protected by law.