Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts invites applications for a seasonal Housekeeper. To apply for this position, which will remain open until filled, please complete our online employment application here. Applications received by Feb. 17 will receive priority consideration.
A nonproﬁt school of arts and crafts founded in 2004 by local artists and community members, Shake Rag Alley’s 2.5-acre campus in the historic heart of Mineral Point, Wisconsin, is a national destination for participants of adult workshops, a robust summer youth program, and a host of annual special community events. In addition, Shake Rag Alley offers on-site lodging and custom facility rentals for meetings, events, and celebrations. For more information, see www.ShakeRagAlley.org.
Position Title: Housekeeper
Status: Part-time seasonal, hourly
Schedule: Up to 10 hours/week April-October
Compensation: $10/hour, paid holidays, 15% workshop discount
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Hospitality Manager and additional staff as needed, the Housekeeper is responsible for preparing Shake Rag Alley’s five guest rooms and providing excellent customer service to Shake Rag Alley guests. The position requires a flexible schedule especially from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays and weekends dependent upon the season.
- Prepares rooms for guests according to the lodging calendar at Roland’s Loft and The Tuckpoint at The Sardeson and at the Coach House.
- Safely performs tasks as outlined in housekeeping checklists and/or as directed. Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
- cleaning guest bedrooms and bathrooms, laundering bed and bath linens, and preparing rooms for guests according to the guest lodging calendar at Roland’s Loft and The Tuckpoint at The Sardeson and the Coach House;
- doing guest dishes, emptying wastebaskets and transporting trash and recycling to disposal areas;
- maintaining clean floors, rugs, and carpets using brooms, mops, vacuums and other applicable tools;
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures, and equipment as needed;
- cleaning upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
- Alerts Hospitality Manager to inventory and repair needs.
- Responds in a timely fashion to emergency housekeeping requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of training or experience relevant to the performance of the position; high School diploma or GED and six months’ experience in a housekeeping or custodial position preferred.
- Ability to report to work in a timely manner, adhere to work schedule, understand and follow written and verbal instructions, and safely adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to determine the proper tools and equipment needed to safely perform a job
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative environment, excellent communication and customer service skills, and the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, superior attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to respect the confidentiality of organizational information.
- Appreciation for Shake Rag Alley’s mission and ability to demonstrate flexibility, friendliness, and patience in all situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk, hear, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time including heat, cold, and humidity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The physical location of this job will vary from guest rooms on and near our 2.5-acre campus.
Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran or uniformed service member status or any other characteristic protected by law.