- Sep 15 - 17 2023
- All Day
Color, Contrast & Texture in Primitive Rug Hooking
Get inspired to create a beautiful hooked rug that you love and have fun making in the process! In this class you will learn how color, contrast, and texture affect your rug hooking, and how to choose wools to achieve the look you want in your rug. We will also discuss how:
- to decide if an area needs high or low contrast.
- choices of hues, value, and intensity affect your rugs.
- to use warm and cool, dark and light, and dull and bright colors.
- colors change depending on what you put next to them.
- to judge values in mixing different wools in backgrounds, borders, and design elements.
- to evaluate textures and how they effect your piece.
As usual, there will be lots of tips and tricks. If time allows we will also discuss finishing techniques. Each student will receive one-on-one color planning. You can work on any project that can be hooked in an 8-cut or wider. There will be lots of beautiful textured wool and other fibers to incorporate into your project. An email will be sent out 6-8 weeks before class to discuss your choice of project. This communication helps you and the instructor to prepare for the project that you want to create.