Program & Marketing Manager
Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts invites applications for a Program & Marketing Manager. To apply for this position, which will remain open until filled, please complete our online employment application here. Applications received by Feb. 3 will receive priority consideration.
A nonproﬁt school of arts and crafts founded in 2004 by local artists and community members, Shake Rag Alley’s 2.5-acre campus in the historic heart of Mineral Point, Wisconsin, is a national destination for participants of adult workshops, a robust summer youth program, and a host of annual special community events. In addition, Shake Rag Alley offers on-site lodging and custom facility rentals for meetings, events, and celebrations. For more information, see www.ShakeRagAlley.org.
Position Title: Program & Marketing Manager
Status: Full-time seasonal, hourly
Schedule: 40 hours/week April-October including weekends, 20 hours/week November-March
Compensation: $14/hour, nine paid holidays per year, monthly cell phone allowance, 15% workshop discount
Reporting to the Executive Director and Director of Education, and working collaboratively with Shake Rag Alley staff, Board members, teaching artists, and volunteers, the Program & Marketing Manager supports our mission by helping to implement programming to include adult workshops, retreats, and family-friendly community programs, and promote all Shake Rag Alley programming via digital, social, and traditional media. Provides excellent and timely customer service to the Shake Rag Alley community.
- In collaboration with the Director of Education, implements Shake Rag Alley’s year-round adult educational programming taught by local, regional, and national artists and seasonal family-friendly community programming including the Make-a-Fairy-House Workshop, Tour of Fairy Homes, Mineral Point Museum Night, Trick’r Treat, and Santa Day.
- Partners with staff as needed in preparing workshop and program spaces on and off the Shake Rag Alley campus and coordinating food service needs to include ordering and delivering meals as needed.
- Helps welcome arriving instructors and students and provide instructors with orientations to their classrooms, campus amenities, and Mineral Point resources. Collaborates with staff and volunteers to ensure instructors and students are supported for the duration of their workshop, retreat, or community program.
- Serves as weekend office manager to include opening and closing the office and Art Cafe for workshop check-ins, monitoring workshops and taking pictures, and serving as a resource to students, instructors, and the general public to include answering the phone, greeting visitors, booking and processing workshop registrations and lodging reservations, processing refunds and ensuring overall guest satisfaction.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Education, Implements annual marketing plan to include:
- drafting and distributing seasonal press releases and twice-monthly e-newsletters via Mailchimp;
- managing social media accounts to include Facebook and Instagram;
- sharing events and programs on online event calendars;
- placing ads in regional print publications.
- Maintains WordPress website and e-commerce functions.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years’ relevant experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Computer, Internet, and social media proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and LinkedIn.
- Passion for storytelling through words and visuals.
- Graphic design and PhotoShop experience.
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative environment, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals using telephone, mail, or email.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, superior attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to respect the confidentiality of organizational information.
- Appreciation for Shake Rag Alley’s mission and ability to demonstrate flexibility, friendliness, and patience in all situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran or uniformed service member status or any other characteristic protected by law.